Home » PAPERS/ESSAYS

PAPERS/ESSAYS

Now I’ll be discussing how the assignments of the course helped me to improve my writing throughout the semester.

#1 Letter of Introduction

Our assignments started with an introduction letter which allowed me to think about myself more. And by this assignment I got to learn how to introduce myself in a formal way.               

#2 Lab Report Analysis                                                                                                                    

It is the second writing assignment of this course which is “Lab Report Analysis.” It is about analyzing, and annotating two lab reports related to my own major or academic interests. My intended major is computer science. So, I searched for computer science-based lab reports from the CCNY (City College of New York) library database. This was my first assignment in APA format. Because in my previous course I used to work with MLA format. So, I was a little confused about this. This study, I believe, was great practice not just for writing and analyzing, but also for researching. This report’s research nature benefited me in strengthening my research strategies. I can now quickly study a lab report and find out the information I need easily, as well as judge whether a report is useful for my research. It gave a brief idea about what a lab report should look like.                                                                                                 

#3 Technical Description                                                                                                                   

This is the third assignment of this course which is ‘Technical Description’. It is an interesting assignment which requires us to describe a technological object and its purpose which we are interested in. This assignment required us to write an introduction, background information, description of parts, its functions, visualization, conclusion, and citations. After the second assignment, APA format and citation seemed easy to me in this one. During this assignment I used various articles and online databases to find out all the important information needed to describe the object properly. Also worked with a lot of pictures to visualize the object perfectly. But I was confused about if the image citation is proper or not. I faced difficulties to cite the images as it is my first time working on an image citation.

#4 Engineering proposal+presentation                                                                                       

This is the fourth assignment of this course, which is ‘Engineering proposal+presentation’. It is an interesting assignment which requires us to write a proposal about an engineering innovation and make a presentation and youtube video about how to make it, why it is important and how it works etc. It is the first group work in this semester. And I really enjoyed working with others. When we work togethers things become more easy and fun. That assignment gave us an opportunity to cooperate with each other and respect each other’s thoughts. As it is an online course, there wasn’t that much opportunity to know other classmates properly. But during this assignment I get to know some people and make new friends. And also It gave us an opportunity to turn our ideas into innovation which could help other people. I never thought I would be able to innovate something. Maybe I never tried. Making an effort to learn something new is always amazing. I would say this is my most favorite assignment throughout the semester.